Who We Are
Peel Fountain of Wisdom Senior Services is a registered charity serving the Peel community.
- provides information, referrals and support to seniors.
- provides social activities for seniors.
- makes financial donations to medical and health related facilities.
- City of Mississauga
- PFWSS is registered in the Recreation Provider category
- Peel Multicultural Society
- Mississauga Seniors Council
What We Do
- hold weekly information sharing sessions
- partner with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel, in the In-School Mentoring program with the Peel Board of Education;
- organize trips, social and educational events
- prepare and distribute food hampers, vouchers and other charitable donations to families in need
- provide knitted headwear for cancer patients through the Trillium Hospitals
- collaborate with other senior groups
- offer bursaries to students enrolled in the related fields of PFWSS’s objectives
Incorporated November 8, 2002
Obtained charitable status March 25, 2003.
Big Brothers Big Sisters - Peel
CASSIS – (Coalition of Agencies and Seniors Serving Immigrant Services)
Social Planning Council of Peel
Government of Ontario, Seniors Community Grant Program:
“Learning Together: Seniors from Diverse Caribbean Communities in Peel Talk About Health”
Government of Canada, Status of Women:
“Recharge and Take Charge”
“Empowering and Strengthening Senior Women for Improved health”
Back to top